Italy Visa Regulations and Visa Information

There are different types of vises and for which type of visa you should depend on the purpose of your travel. For example, it is just a visit, for studying or working or you want to reside permanently. The types of purposes for Visa include: Airport transit visa, Transit visa, Tourist visa (Visiting friends or relatives), Tourist travel (no visit to any relatives/friends), Travelling for training purposes, other travel purposes/Short term (Trips for an event of any reasonable nature), Travelling for the purpose of studying, Travelling for the purpose of employment, Travelling for the purpose of permanently residing in the Schengen country due to a Schengen spouse. And according to the type of Visa, you have to submit different additional documents. 

Uniform Schengen Visas (USV)

The Uniform Schengen Visa gives to one of the Schengen Area Member Countries a permit to transit or to reside in the chosen territory for a certain period of time up to the maximum of 90 days every six month period beginning from the date of entry.

This is a list of citizens of countries that can travel with a Uniform Schengen visa: Austria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Denmark, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland.

Limited territorial validity visas (LTV)

With this visa, you are only allowed to travel only in the Schengen State that has issued the visa or in some cases, in the certain Schengen States, which are specifically mentioned when you are applying for the visa.

National Visas

Individuals, who want to study, work or permanently reside in one of the Schengen countries, are given the national visa of “D” category. The national visa can be of a single entry or of a multi-entry national visa.